Saturday, January 10, 2009

God Encounter

I want to write about my amazing trip to Texas for Christmas, and will do so soon.
I wanted to post this - last month we had a day where they told us to go off and just spend time with God and journal about it.  It ended up being a really awesome thinking over the past semester of school and thinking over what God has started and is doing in me. 
 
So here it is!
 

God Encounter Day

I was thinking about how wealthy and rich God has made me since moving to California. He's increased my family – I have 4 families, 4 houses. He's doubled my friends. He's given me a pool. He's opened his work to me and has opened my connection with him. He gave me a piano. He feeds me. He's teaching me how to have healthy friendships with guys. He's teaching me about confrontation and what it means to be alive and new in Him. He's increased my influence and my desire for him. He's highlighted himself as the prize and goal that losing all else couldn't even compare to. He's taught me about freedom and choosing things to protect our relationship. He's teaching me about what it looks like to be guided with his eye and honoring him. He's expanded and increased the money in my bank account. He's restoring my body to complete alignment in the Kingdom. He's showing me that its good to pursue my passions and the things In my heart. He's teaching me about letting go and forgiving people and releasing them from my judgments, and how freeing that is. I'm learning how everything really is connected in the spirit. He's revealing himself to me and making me more like him. He's teaching me about how things are in the natural realm because of what has happened and led up to this point through the spirit. He's teaching me about different aspects/characteristics of himself, especially the Holy Spirit and in depth of what Jesus dying on the cross did and meant. He's spelling out the mechanics of it. He's re-teaching my heart the truth about who I am in Him. He's teaching me that I don't have to do anything, that I 'm the apple of his eye, all the time; and resting in him because of that. 



Ps 23

The Lord watches over me, he provides all I need. There's nothing I need that he hasn't supplied.

He makes safe places for me to rest and takes me into him to drink and be refreshed and replenished from whatever I've drained or lost.

He watches over my feet and is glorified through all I do.

Even in the scary places where there is no physical safe or hiding place, he is consoling and holding me close, carrying me through it all.

When all I can see are people and situations that want me to fail, he delights me in his faithfulness and fulfillment.

His presence and spirit are heavy upon me.

I know the desires of his heart for me to prosper and continue in his fullness are with me for all eternity, where I am with him always.

No comments: