I wanted to tell you guys a testimony from thursday during our outreach time. We go to a certain part of town and I'm part of the treasure hunt group on our team right now. Well, right after we got done filling out our treasure maps, me and Katherine notice this young guy (maybe 12) in a black hoodie w/ cruches. I had black hoodie on my treasure map, so we went for it. We went over to this group of like 4 guys, one older (may 17 or 18), our guy in the hoodie, and two younger, maybe 10 yr olds. The older guy was being a pain and so Katherine kinda distracted him while I was talkin to the three others. Then Michael (another guy on my team) came over and was helping when he realized he had cruches on his map! So, we're having this conversation with some difficulty because the two younger guys were desperate for attention. But, we found out our key points 1)the guy in the cruches name was jeff, or andrew 2) his knee had been intentionally shot w/ a 22 by the older guy who he was somehow tied to, and 3) that it hurt at about a 9.5 out of 10!! That's all we needed to know! SO, we ask him if we can pray for him and he's like 'sure' but the other guys are still like talkin to jeff, so we ask them to pray with us. :)
So we prayed and as we're praying and watching him (you always keep your eyes open!) , we see his hands come off of his cruches and he's like lookin at his hands weird, so we ask him how his knee feels, if he's experiencing anything and he's like "my hands feels like all tingly, like they were asleep or something - that's so weird!" and i think he said his knee felt a little better too and so we' were like "jeff! that's the presence of God! He's doing something, can we pray again??" and he's like "yeah" so right as we start to pray again, the older guy who had been talkin to Katherine walked away and they were all like 'we gotta go" and ran off but I KNOW jeff felt the presence of God and that God was starting to heal his knee!! It was so great.
Then yesterday was awesome - we had a great time at school. The Bethel Christian School does a Christmas Paegant every year that they perform for the church and since there are so many students, they used us to do a dress rehersal show on. It was INCREDIBLE. The presence of God was so heavy on those kids - and they were amazing actors/actresses. I really expect to see alot of them on broadway or something - just outstanding. Then last night we had our revival group Christmas Party and that was awesome. We had an interpretive dance - off. And my team tied with another for first place!!
So today I got to sleep in and have been cleaning and organizing my room. I woke up and was going to go swim, but I'd rather do what the Spirit is doing and I ended up driving out to Shasta Dam and walking around up there. It was beautiful and I ended up meeting this dad and his two beautiful daughters. I got to take their picture in a couple different places for them and just walk and talk with the girls and dad - they were very cool and I was tellin them I was a 1st year at Bethel. His sister had done all 3 years!
Then I came back and had some 'family time' with the family I live with - it was fun because Robert (the husband) has been out of town all week and then they had a huge party last night, so it was fun having everyone back home and in relax mode this morning. :)
Anyway, that's my story.....
No comments:
Post a Comment