Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm goin to Mexico!

Hey hey!! 
 
So as I've posted before on my blog my mission trip for school is to Tijuana, Mexico and our departure is fast approaching!!  We're heading out this coming Tuesday at 2:30am!!!  Wow. We'll be gone March 31st - April 7th. We'll be driving down to the San Diego and leaving our vehicles in a secure garage then walking across the border.  I'm leading a Children's team while down there - so also be praying for me with that, for delegation skills and that I'd be able to totally rely on the Holy Spirit to do it through me!
 
We really want to be able to go into a seemingly dark place right now and pierce it with God's heart and light for these beautiful sons and daughters!  As we go, we're taking a weapon stronger than any power of darkness can stand against - Love.
 
I wanted to give you guys some prayer requests, so you guys can keep me and my team in your prayers. 
 
Prayer List for Mexico:
 
*Remember every prayer is hitting it's mark! (when we pray something always happens!)
*Unity in team/no tension.
*Joy
*God's anointing and favor on everything we do and say.
*Training and preparation to go well(even while we're down there before we go to our outreaches daily).
*Servants hearts.
*Open doors to minister.
*Demonstrations of God's spirit and power.
*Revival would break out, wherever we go.
*Revival fire on key people to spread it and keep it kindled.
*People radically saved.
*Hearts open to the Gospel.
*Miracles, signs and wonders. (blind eyes opened, deaf ears opened, bones fixed, dead raised)
*Favor with people, pastors and governmental officials.
*Language barriers to be overcome and for communication.
*Supernatural abilities to speak Spanish.
*To feel God's love and compassion for the people.
*Prayer for the children in the orphanages we will visit.
*Boldness to step out.
*God's protection from sickness and/or harm.
*Traveling mercies (we'll leave at 2:30am Tuesday and get to the border around 5pm)
*Vehicles to run perfect there and back. (I'm taking my truck to the border!!)
*Border crossing (we'll be driving down and parking around San Diego and walking across the border into Tijuana)
*God's moments wherever we go; that God would just show up.
*To be a blessing and gift to my team and the Mexican people.
*For divine appointments! (I've had several vague dreams about being in Mexican families homes, I'm curious what God is up to!)
 
Thanks so much for your covering during this time!!
 
Rachel

--
--
Rachel Lyons

Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly shouting,
'Wow! What a ride! Thank You, Lord!' - Beth Moore

No comments: