Thursday, February 26, 2009

Forklift

I told some of you guys that a couple weekends ago, I got to be a part of a prayer team that went up to Oregon to be part of  a prayer team for this youth conference that's been taking place for the past 11 years I think.  There was a group of 8 of us from Bethel that got to go up.  Here's a little recap of that weekend for you guys!
 
Friday we left around 11 to head up to Pendleton, Oregon. We got about 3 hours away and I was feeling so weird, so I broke and told them that I felt  uncomfortable and awkward and a fourth wheel. It totally broke something off me and we all started talking about where we came from and just talkin about life.  We hit some snow, the asphalt was getting really white and it was hard to tell where the lines were and so we started praying and just thanking God for clearing the roads and within like ten minutes the roads were clear and the snow was cleared.   Wow God! And that's just one of many stories.   We finally arrived in Pendleton around 8:30 that night!! 
When we first arrived we met the leaders and just kinda hung out before the night meeting/concert.   We prayed with the leaders and just prayed for the meeting for a few minutes, then went down and sat in on the leaders meeting while they shared everything from security to the heart of what they're feeling for the weekend.   We finally got back to the hotel and went to bed around 1. 
 
Saturday we got up, had breakfast, went and prayed again with the band and leaders and then dispersed to pray.  Melanie and I stayed behind stage and worshipped/interceeded for the band while the rest of the guys went up to the balcony to pray over the students. While we were backstage worshipping and interceeding, we both felt near the end an angel or something - I was arrested to the wall with the Presence of God and could not and didn't want to move, Melanie had somewhat the same experience.  At the end of the message Jason, the guest speaker, says " I just have to say - God still does miracles" - I have to tell you guys when we prayed for him before he went he, he totally felt the Holy Spirit on it and was asking us questions about Bethel and just was so hungry for God.  During their free time, the prayer team went in the teachers lounge(AKA the Prayer Room) and it was mostly leaders who came in and  some students. We had an awesome time, and people were totally getting touched by the Presence of God.  Then that night, there was another session where Jason spoke.
 
Sunday, it was  the same routine of session in the morning, prayer room time in the afternoon, then session at night.  I stayed backstage during worship each session to worship/interceed which was amazing.  That afternoon in the prayer room we had so many people come in that we were crawling over people trying to figure out where to pray for new people who were coming in, and what to do with those who just wanted to soak in the Presence.  That night, the leaders told us they felt like they wanted all of us leaders, volunteers and prayer team to assist in washing the feet of all 300 students. It was an intense event.  
 
One thing that was really so cool in that was the leaders told us that every year they've been doing Forklift (the name of the conference), it has always ended with hype and what can feel like a 'mountain top' experience - they told us, they really felt like a new standard was set this year, of just a real encounter with God happenening, not just the usual. 
 
Another thing that was so awesome, was that as we were prophesying and giving words of knowledge - the leaders and band were picking up on and it and being activated and empowered in it and started doing the same over the students.  Its so awesome to think about that encouraging atmosphere continuing on because a desire and hunger was stirred up in the leaders and students. 
 
We saw hips healed, and arches in feet created, a knee healed, and other stuff I don't know about.  We got to talk girls through forgiveness issues - God wants our hearts!
 
It was an incredible time! I feel like for me personally it was really activating and empowering - which is what I needed.  God is sooo good!! 
 
 


 

No comments: