Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Update

Thanksgiving Update
 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!  We've had this whole past week off from school and it was a much appreciated break.  We've been having so much fun and doing so much with school, its been nice to have a break.
 
While I didn't get to come home to Austin for the week, I have had the pleasure of being in Roseville, CA with Lynn and Paul Boudreau (Matt's family).  I got down here on tuesday afternooon and have been relaxing with them.  Lynn and I have been going on walks in the morning.  Wednesday we went shoping to make sure we had everything we needed and made desserts, Thursday more cooking and family came over. Then yesterday we took our time with the morning and then went shopping a bit in the late afternoon. 
 
I think we're gonna go back out shopping a bit today then just hang around the house tonight.  Its been so nice not having a strict timetable or agenda, where in Redding I feel like I'm bouncing from one thing to the next.  I'll head back up to Redding on monday for the last  three weeks of school before Christmas break!! 
 
I'll be home December 22 - Jan 5.  If you want a time to get together - email me back or give me a call so we can make sure we get something set up. 
 
On a heart note:  While we were shopping yesterday, I realized this Christms season feels hard not only because of being away from home, but because of our school schedule and extra classes, the opportunity hasn't opened for me to get a job while I'm here.  My top love language is gift giving, and literally not having money to buy presents is SO hard.  I just keep asking the Lord to give me creative ideas of how to bless people in this season without having to buy anything and that he would reveal a new aspect of himself in this area. 
 
I am also praying that an opportunity would open up for me to make money cleaning houses. I have one possibility, and if that falls through I'm back to square one, but I'm very excited about the prospect.    
 
Thank you for your prayers!!  I am trying to keep you guys updated - this past month or so has flown by and so much happens, somestimes its hard to know what to write.  But...all with be revealed in due time.  
 
Richest blessings,
 
Rachel

No comments: