Praise the Lord!!! It was kind of a whirlwind getting here, but I have felt such peace in being here and as I lean into that peace, everything has just been falling into line. I'm so excited about learning ways to get what is inside me out to the world!! This year I'm also just wanting to give myself permission to go deeper into God and see whats there, so I'm excited about this time for that. We start our outreaches this week and our sign ups are available for our missions trip in March, so I'll be signing up and finding out by the end of October! We also just had our retreats this past week - it was so fun and not long enough! I got to volunteer in the kitchen, and reconnect with old friends from last year, and make lots of new ones - it was such a rich time. During the retreat, a little before and since I've been getting out of my comfort zone with school people, and its so awesome to see God work through just that in building really life giving relationships.
Big praise: I was hired at a local coffee shop called Yaks with the end purpose of having me work with catering. However, because the catering side is pretty small, they can't start using me in catering until they get jobs where they need 2 people working, so the jobs have to be over $400 for me to get to work it. So, be praying for big jobs for Yaks. In the mean time, they hired me for morning deliveries to the 4 store locations, from 5-8am, and so I'm only getting about 9 hrs/week.
I'm in two electives this year (Advanced Ministry Training: AMT). On Tuesday I'm taking "Leading with Emotional Intelligence" where we'll be talking about how I/Q, A/Q, and E/Q affects our destiny, and how to develop favor and influence in social, job, and ministry relationships. We will explore how unique personality and temperament types affect leadership styles, and how to build sustaining rapport with those who are uniquely different. And then on Fridays I'm taking "Living the Life of Freedom" where we'll be talking about how the "edge" is a myth perpetuated by people who stopped growing when they encountered fear along the way. There is no actual edge. We only ever come to the edge of what we yet know. When we step beyond what we know, we step into a world of possibility and can redefine our own version of normal. We are invited to create our preferred "normal" (in everyday life) and to live fully the possibilities that God has set before us.
I think I'll be in the International Transformation Track where we'll learn how to disciple nations by forming apostolic teams and stewarding finances, influence and authority in 10 regions of the world. We will become skilled in governing, alignment and transformation. There will be a special emphasis on problem solving and investing in international leaders.
One big part of 2nd year is that we get to travel as the ministry team with the different pastors on staff at Bethel. I'm excited for this opportunity to really step outside my own boundaries and step into the more that is God. I haven't applied for a trip yet, and am waiting for God to highlight one as of now and then for Him to bring the money in for the ones He wants me to go on.
Its starting to get cooler and its SO BEAUTIFUL!!
I'm wondering if you might have any insight - every time I look at the clock its numbers in a row like "2:34" or all the same number "1:11". Do you have any thoughts?
Current book: Face to Face with God by Bill Johnson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment